The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Monday, June 8, 2015

Desperation for the Holy One

Something is burning in my heart this morning. That is desperation.  
Desperate for God
A week and a half ago, I felt desperate. Somehow I always come back to the same problem. I stop believing and letting the meditation of His Word change my life. I get self-focused coming to Him for  me to "feel good" about my self. I'm taking my filthy rags, and by Bible reading and prayer trying to force God into thinking I'm a good Christian. I came to Him in that desperation.  And He reminded me in 1 John 3:23 that my first job is to simply believe in Jesus Christ. Just believe. Slow down my thoughts, and open up my heart to hear from Him, and believe in Him, and know that He is God.

He has been showing me that He wants to see me desperate to really know Him. Am I willing to come before Him honestly everyday and really just take the time to seek Him out?

Look at who Jesus touched... He always touched those who came in desperation for Him with faith.
Faith is that action of belief. When Jesus healed the nobleman's son (John 4),  the man came in desperation to Jesus, and in verse 50, it says that the man believed the word Jesus had spoken.

I was praying this morning that I would come to Him like the woman at the well and be filled and satisfied with His water. When I'm dry and have becoming careless and unconcerned about Him, I easily believe lies. And stop believing the Truth. The woman at the well came to Jesus with an empty water pitcher. John 4 shows how when the woman is talking with Jesus, she catches that vision of hope, and after she is touched by Jesus, she runs excitedly to tell others. Isn't that what we should be like on a daily basis? Filled to overflow with His presence and with His joy, and out of that the telling to others becomes so natural and so motivated by the One you know.

I want to come in my complete helplessness to Him today, truly seek Him for Himself, and be filled like she was filled, so that she ran joyfully into this world. That's where the revival starts, in our hearts before Him. He doesn't want our lazy half efforts. He wants a pure heart that sees the need for the only One who can help. Just getting back to the simplicity of humbling ourselves before Him, and truly waiting there in faith and belief in Him and His work. It cannot be worked up in our own strength. I want to come through the door (John 10:9) and find good pasture. I want to come and be restored in my soul and refreshed by knowing him (Ps 23).  What's the most beautiful thing is that He is waiting with open arms. Of course He wants this for us. It's not that He's upset that we failed and failed and finally need Him. No, He created us to need Him and to desire Him, like a baby the momma milk. So when we come to Him, and admit our need for Him, He delights in that. And He was working by His Spirit to even make us realize our need for Him. He does the work both behind the scenes and openly. He is always the prodigal's father, welcoming him home in open arms.

Let us stir up that fresh need of Him. And then truly be still before Him to know Him, and to behold His presence. Then we can rise in faith having His fire in our souls.